Friday, May 8, 2015

Mother Scriptural References

MOTHER

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living" Genesis 3:20

"And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her." Genesis 17:16

"Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee." Exodus 20:12

"Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee." Deuteronomy 5:16

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house, [and to be] a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD." Psalms 113:9

"Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old." Proverbs 23:22

"Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice." Proverbs 23:25

"As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem." Isaiah 66:13

"And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it." Luke 8:21

"For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother." Mark 3:35

The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left [to himself] bringeth his mother to shame. Proverbs 29:15

"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."
Matthew 10:37

Proverbs 31:
 Verse 10: Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price [is] far above rubies.

Verse 28: Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband [also], and he praiseth her.

Verse 29: Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

Verse 30: Favour [is] deceitful, and beauty [is] vain: [but] a woman [that] feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment